Surgery Day Notes
Before Your Surgery
Your surgeon will require that you see your physician for a complete medical exam. His office will give you all the necessary paperwork. It’s important that you make the appointment immediately.
Our preop calling staff will call you the day before your surgery. They can answer any questions you may have and give you specific instructions for surgery day.
- Bring all your medications with you.
- Bring your insurance card and picture ID with you.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes on surgery day.
- Leave jewelry and other personal belongings at home.
- Be certain to bring a companion to accompany you home and assist you after your surgery.
- We’re happy to accommodate any special needs you may have. Just let us know on the day of our preop telephone call.
On Surgery Day
On the day of your surgery, you’ll be greeted by our receptionist and will begin a short admission process. Then a member of our staff will escort you to the comfort of our waiting area.
One of our registered nurses will then escort you and assist you into a surgical gown. You will be required to remove some of your clothing.
The nurse will then escort you into the preoperative area, where you will be greeted by the anesthesiologist and surgeon and have an opportunity to ask any questions.
The nurse will then prepare you for your surgical procedure before you are escorted into a surgical suite.
After Your Surgery
When your surgical procedure has ended, you will be taken back to our recovery area, where your companion may join you.
You will then be served a light snack and a postoperative recovery room nurse will explain your postoperative instructions.
We would be pleased if you would complete the Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire that will be given to you since your suggestions and impressions are always welcome.
The entire process, from admission to discharge is typically no longer than a couple of hours. Later on that day, one of our nurses will call you to check up on how you’re feeling.